- An intelligent child who fails at school.
- Trouble with one or more of these: maths, spelling, writing or reading.
- Knows maths or spelling one day but forgotten the next.
- Trouble distinguishing between left and right, up and down, front and back.
- Does well in some things but unexpectedly poorly at others.
- Difficulty stopping and moving to a new activity when doing something they like, or have done successfully before.
- Is a quiet child who bothers nobody in the classroom but does not learn.
- Over-reacting in situations.
- Prefers to play with children younger than themselves.